- Circuits are led by experienced club members and are aimed at improving core strength and mobility, an important and often under appreciated aspect of effective training
- Intervals focus on improving speed, form and endurance. Anyone can attend intervals, and we aim to foster a supportive atmosphere, encouraging anyone who hasn’t tried interval training to come down and get involved
- Club Run allows us to explore the paths and surrounding area of St Andrews together as part of a social run. We divide into multiple pace groups to cater for everyone.
- The Tempo/Intervals/Plyo session will be held on a non-race weekend and will allow Athletics and XC to train together. We may alternate these sessions with a club Parkrun at 9:30 am at Craigtoun Country Park
- Long Run sessions on Sunday are organised by individuals to suit their needs (distance, pace, time etc.). We have a group chat to allow members to plan their long runs with others
Athletics Tuesday and Thursday track sessions are led and coordinated by one of Fife’s top sprints coaches and the clubs own Athletics Captains. During the session, the team will generally be split into a Sprints (up to 400m), Middle Distance (up to 3000m), and Field focussed training groups, each with tailored work outs. Many Middle-Distance athletes regularly alternate between Athletics and XC sessions in order to make the most of the training types on offer with the club. Throughout the season the team will follow a training plan designed to get the absolute best out of each individual regardless of level or discipline.
XC work closely with Fife AC for interval training every Tuesday and Thursday. These sessions are led by Fife’s highly experienced Scottish Athletics qualified coaches and are targeted at those running longer distance (5km upwards). Our relationship with Fife allows us to train with more experienced runners and helps everyone to train with runners of their pace.